The Universities Act 2002 refers to “students with disabilities in the meaning of § 3 of the Federal Act on the Equalization of Persons with Disabilities” (§ 3. ”Disability, as defined by this act, is the effect of a non-temporary physical, mental or psychological impairment or a sensory impairment which makes participation in the life of society difficult. Non-temporary means a period which is expected to be more than six months.”).
According to the Student Support Act, there are special support measures for needy students with disabilities. For further information, please refer to the website of the Study Grant Authority (in German only)
According to the National Mobility and Internationalisation Strategy for Higher Education 2020-2030 the participation of underrepresented groups in mobility should be increased (students with disabilities and health impairments are considered as underrepresented groups).
National Erasmus+ Agency (Oead):
- Annual workshop by Austria’s Agency for Education and Internationalisation and myAbility Social Enterprise in the context of the “DisAbility Talent Programme” (copyright myAbility Social Enterprise): for Higher Education Students with disabilities: career training, consultation and motivation regarding Erasmus+ studies & traineeships, information about Erasmus+ special needs grant.
- Erasmus+ special needs grant: https://erasmusplus.at/de/hochschulbildung/mobilitaet-programmlaender/sonderzuschuss/
- Constant dialogue with Higher Education Institutions during Erasmus+ project implementation: consultation, awaireness raising, workshops, testimonials, dissemination of projects results.
- Promotion of the Erasmus+ Key Action 2 (cooperation projects) with the possiblity of the priority “inclusion” to choose.
- Erasmus+ special needs grant for Erasmus+ Outgoing credit mobility (KA103): https://erasmusplus.at/de/hochschulbildung/mobilitaet-programmlaender/sonderzuschuss/
- Erasmus+ cooperation projects: funds for special costs related to disadvantaged participants
Erasmus+ special needs grant for Erasmus+ Incoming credit mobility (KA107)