Adjustments can be made available for students under certain conditions, based on a needs assessment upon arrival at the University.
What adjustments for studies can be made for students?
- May bring a note taker to educational activities
- May bring a personal assistant to educational activities
- May bring a Sign Language interpreter to the educational activities
- May request adjusted courses materials: size, font and font size, braille, etc.
- May request the course material in digital format
- May request to record lectures
- May use a laptop, tablet or iPad during lectures
- May use elevators and other access facilities on campus
What adjustments for exams can be made for students?
- May bring a note taker to oral and written exams
- May bring a personal assistant to the exam for practical help at the beginning and end of the exam
- May bring a Sign Language interpreter to oral exams
- May move the exams to the appropriate catch-up exam period within the same exam period
- May take a seat in separate exam room for written exams
- May take more preparation time before the oral exam
- May take more time for the written exam
- May use a laptop, tablet or iPad with assistive software during exams
- May use a laptop, tablet or iPad with standard software during exams
Other adjustments and services for students with disabilities offered at the institution